Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back to Work!

I am going to take the position as Asst Principal at a local elementary school. I'll wear the clothes I've been making and feel as though my time and expertise may benefit others. The pay is NOT the incentive, believe me. LOL>

I cut out the lining for the Burda jacket and will try to get the "big pieces" together before tomorrow night. I think I need to order some Petersham ribbon and maybe some black trim to finish it off...that is, if it fits! I put the sleeveless outer fabric on the dressform I made last summer. It seems to be OK fitwise, so I shall go forward!

The fabric is a rayon/wool blend from Melody at Fashionista Fabrics--it is really pretty but very fragile as well. Hope it holds together well enough to get the jacket finished.

Photos soon!

3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Congrats on the new position and good luck!

Lori said...

Congratulations on your new job, good luck.

Ann Made Studio said...

Congratulations on your new job! An asst principal at an Elementary School sounds exciting!