Friday, October 30, 2009

Home from Carmel


Here is a photo of me showing Loes's new jacket in progress--it is currently called the Paris jacket. This is a great little fitted jacket made with princess seaming. I made one and will show it later.
I had a great time, made quite a few garments, and bought some fabrics I can't find in my neighborhood. Also had a great time with the other sewing ladies--all motivated and hard working! Several made long sweater coats from faux fur--stunning. Also transferred this to a fleece fabric with equal success. Really stylish on these ladies. Dresses and skirts are reappearing in Loes's boutique and with several "tweaks" to the patterns, these were equally elegant and I may even try out some of these patterns!
We are babysitting the grands this weekend so my sewing will be delayed for a while. I also want to make Loes's Biarritz Zipper jacket while the details are relatively fresh in my mind. I made 3 jackets at the seminar, so I'm not sure that I "need" another one, but that isn't really a determining factor for me anyway!

No comments: