Monday, October 19, 2009

Christine Jonson Bound Neckline Tee


This long sleeved t shirt is from the Christine Jonson Travel Trio One pattern. It is called the "banded neck tee" and I can see many more in my future. It went together with no problems whatsoever. I made a small as is from the envelope. AND, I am pleased with the style and the fit. I even rethreaded my Evolve serger to try out the cover stitch. I have had this machine for 10 years and only used the CS once or twice. How silly--it was really easy and the results were worth it.

The fabric is some I bought from a coop several years ago. It is a beefy cotton interlock print.

I'm wearing it with some favorite Chicos jeans--made from a RPL fabric that washes and wears like a dream.

I am now trying to get my stuff together for a week in Carmel, CA. We are going so that DH can photograph Big Sur, Point Lobos, etc. and I can attend a Loes Hinse sewing seminar. That's a win-win trip for a retired couple!!! I have my box of patterns, machines, notions tackle box, etc. ready. I'm going to take some fabrics from my stash, but Sharon from Casual Elegance will undoubtedly have some lovelies to tease me! I know we are going to make some sort of chenile jacket--spoke briefly with Loes when I paid my final installment and she was excited about this new style/treatment/tweak. I enjoy the new ideas, seeing her garments in her boutique for inspiration, and hanging out with other sewists! It is also nice to come home with some coordinated pieces ready to wear.

My only challenge will be the car ride. My knee is on the road to recovery, allowing me to do my daily walks without much pain and/or swelling the past few days. However, my last relapse happened when we went to Colorado and I sat in the car for 13+ hours one day. Ugh. We'll have to stop, stroll, and relax along the way this time.

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Very cool tee - good luck on your trip!

gwensews said...

Great "t". I live in them, winter and summer. My DH is retired also, and our lifestyle is very casual most days. Your workshop sounds wonderful. Be sure to take photos and blog it. Have a good trip. And have fun!