Finally! I finished the skort with some major adjustments. I mistraced the skort part (front panel) so I just softly pleated the pieces I had and made them fit the the facing piece from the pattern. I used a piece of grosgrain ribbon the same length as the facing because I thought it would be sturdier for a 6 year old dressing herself and not always patient :>). Also used ribbon to form the button loop to close the skort. I think the items turned out pretty cute in the end.
I used snaps (snapsource snaps size 16 in pink) on the front of the blouse and had nothing but issues with the snap press and had to remove them several times. I finally went to the local Jo Anns and bought a plastic gadget to install the rest of the snaps and love the way they turned out!!! I hope that DGD likes the outfit. The only change I made to the blouse was that I did not do the elastic shirring on the back. DGD is not here with me, so I thought this would give a little ease in fitting if needed.
It feels good to finish something and Ihope to do some sewing for myself this next week.
We will be celebrating my dad's 93rd birthday on Saturday so I may not have too much time until that little picnic is finished.