Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving







Just spoke with older son--he is cooking with his family. Older DGD made a pumpkin cheesecake! Great news that she can cook too! Sure miss having the whole group together for the holidays...

I did a little sewing this week and DH took photos for me. One Ottobre tunic for younger DGD and a couple of "wraps" for DH's photo gear. Ripstop nylon squares with fleece backing and secured by velcro strips. No fit issues!

I loved the Ottobre top--really well drafted and each piece fit perfectly together. I don't think I'll use the elastic method for gathering if I make this again. It is from the 4/2008 issue, style #19, "Kaiku" cross-front tunic. I made a size 116 for my 6 YO DGD. I also made the Lokki leggings from the same issue--need to hem and put in the elastic and they will be ready for the holiday gift stash. I am hoping to measure DGD's waist today at Thanksgiving. Maybe, maybe not. I am also going to go over the directions for using the cover stitch on my Evolve serger and give that a go. I am not thrilled with my Janome 900 CS machine--may well be user error, but it is just not the quality of stitch I am hoping for.

So, that's it for now. Photos to follow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Great job on the tunic!

Pam Erny said...

Fab Tunic...I love this pattern!

Pam, from the Ottobre list and
~Off The Cuff Style~