Thursday, July 31, 2008

Work in Progress--More Stash

I am pretty slow getting started on my Burda blouse--seems everyone else has made this style #107 from the 06/2008 issue of BWOF, but here is mine with a collar yet to go. I have to take breaks from sewing as my upper back can only handle so much at one time!




This blouse also needs button holes and buttons--but since I figured out how to do them on my Bernina 1630 I have no fear of button holes! Perfect every time!


This fabric and the pieces below came from a trip to M and L Fabrics in Anaheim/Cypress, CA a couple of days ago. It is an interesting store--lots of quilting fabrics and a large selection of flat fold fabrics that are under $2 per yard. Wearable muslins in my book!


The fabrics in the back row are for me to try out the Burda blouses I have been coveting! The above #107 is a size 38 and fits pretty well--think I might make a 40 next to see how much bigger that might be. My only issue with this version is that the sleeves are a bit tight.


Happy sewing everyone! Tomorrow is my BIG birthday :>)

No comments: