Saturday, November 3, 2007

Long Time No Post...



I have been away from my sewing for a long time--spent the summer in Long Beach, went to Central Europe for 3 weeks, and spent 2 weeks in Reno, No Cal, Monterey, and back to Long Beach. While in Carmel, I went to Loes Hinse's lovely shop and tried on several jackets. WOW! They fit! I came home and did some sewing!




Here is a photo of my Bolero jacket, size small, made with some wool/mohair blend fabric from Fabric Mart. I don't love the photo, but I do love the jacket! I am anxious to do more sewing now that I can make a few things that fit. I also made a Jalie crossover t shirt that fits--good news! Now to try some pants...that has been a challenge. I made 3 pairs of muslin pants--not happy with any of them. I can go to Talbots and buy a 10 petite and they fit great. Why can't I find a pattern size that also fits? I'm still working on it!




No comments: