Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving--Some new projects!




I need to write the text first--then add the photos. Maybe it will make sense that way. If not, it is still a photo record of sewing.


First is the Loes Hinse Garbo Jacket size SMALL! I tried these on at her boutique in Carmel and found that the diet and excercise have paid off. Whoppee! Fits right out of the envelope. I do need to readjust the dress form, as it is bigger than I am now. Anyway, this is the first jacket I made. The rust tweed one I made later--but took pics first of it.


The pants are of a stretch denim from sewbaby. The pattern is from a Burda Petite magazine, size 20. They originally had turn up cuffs, but the fabric had too much body. SO, I cut them off and hemmed them. The fit is great--finally might be able to make some clothes right from the pattern.


Finally, the grey items are for my DGD--more shorts for under her skirts and dresses! The leggings are a test garment to see how the Ottobre sizes work for her. Both items are from the same Ottobre leggings pattern--the shorts I just made a shorter length.


I have navy pinstripe pants from the same pattern on the cutting table. I hope to get them made sometime this weekend. I've done some of the interfacing and serging of the raw edges. I think I can just sew them up and wear them...at least I hope to have a photo to share soon!




No comments: