Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am going to offer photos of some of my December projects in another post. I enjoyed sewing for the kids and grands--but didn't do as much as I'd hoped!

I made myself several pairs of pants--2 LH European pants--one with zipper and one without. I made a Garbo jacket from some sweater knit I purchased from Casual Elegance fabrics. I also made a pair of wool twill trousers using the Palmer/Plesch McCalls pattern--size 14. Right out of the envelope. IF I had Pati Palmer help me fit these I know there would be a few tweaks, but I am thrilled with the current fit!

I also made some navy wool pinstripe from a Burda WOF petite pants pattern--same as the previous orange ones. Love these, as the fabric is more drapey and I left the cuff feature on.

I made my younger DGD several pairs of leggings from the Ottobre pattern--Lily's leggings. They fit great and she loves them. Pink and purple! I also made her the hooded tunic to match. I will try to find a photo of her wearing them.

No photos will be forthcoming, but I did personalize several blankets and bibs for babies born this fall. One to a dear babe born in Slovenia to a young couple we met while traveling. One to my younger son's childhood buddy and his wife. More precious children in our world :>).

I knit myself a hat while in Reno for Christmas--rather in transit to and from. I will finish it and get a photo of that too.

Life is good. DH and I will celebrate 40 years of marriage this year. I will visit my HS girlfriends in April as we celebrate our 60th birthdays. It is going to be a wonderful year! Photos to come in next post.

No comments: