Saturday, September 17, 2011

ABO Italian linen shirt

Finally finished! I used my arsenal of machines yesterday to finish the details of my linen shirt.

My newly aquired Singer 201A made some awesome buttonholes.

My Babylock Ellisimo made sewing on buttons a breeze.

I used my Bernina 1130 to finish stitching down the back facing.

This piece is an adaptation that Louise shared at the ASG convention. It makes the collar insertion so much easier and the wide facing allows for a label or even embroidered personalization. Louise also said it mimics RTW trends. Anyway, it is a clean finish and easier to do. That's a winner in my book!

DH chose the buttons and I like his choice! 

Now on to make some coordinating pants from some lovely brown linen I also got from Louise at ASG.

1 comment:

Terri K said...

Beautiful interpretation and technique as always Lynda. I always look forward to seeing what you are sewing.