Saturday, July 16, 2011

SEwing Workshop Quincy Pants--Fail This Try

I've not made any Sewing Workshop patterns--own a bunch, but never sewed any.  Go figure.  So, I just got the Quincy pattern and thought I'd use the pants (simple) as a starting point.  I measured me and went by the pattern envelope to choose a size.  I make a S in Loes Hinse, with very few alterations.  I made a M in the Quincy and they are HUGE.  I'll try a small tomorrow.

I did finish my 2 pairs of Europeans from the fabric I purchased locally at Fabric Land in Orange.  No hitches in the road in making these.  No photos because it is just more of the same!  The pants are both in the brown family--a tan wool blend that feels like a soft wool but also washes!  The others are a medium brown with a narrow white pinstripe.  They will work in my wardrobe--have lots of other things I can wear with both.  I also made my first Swing Skirt--easy and so cute!  I do want to branch out and use other patterns with success, however, so I'm going to give the Small in the Quincy a try tomorrow.

Has anyone else made these pants?  I'll check over on Patternreview later.  Should have checked sooner, eh?

No comments: