Well. long time no post! I've been enjoying my grand kids and the great Southern California summer weather. Perfect time to work on a (mostly) wool jacket, don't you think??? Anyway, I thought I'd make one more Paris jacket only to find that I did not have enough fabric in the remnant I'd purchased from Sharon. I was only short a few inches on the sleeve, but this was not the type of garment that I would like with 3/4 sleeves. Hmmmm...what to do? I decided to take advantage of the different patterns on the front and back sides of the fabric and pieced the cuff/hem/bottom of the sleeves. To make them less of a unique or obvious attempt to save, I put in a couple more pieces of contrast--flipped the under collar piece and added a little triangle of detail from the side seams using the reverse side of the fabric. Some might say that I used the "wrong" side as the basic jacket, but it was the side I liked most. Loes had a jacket made from this side and I really liked it. Not the same pattern, just the same choice of "right" side.
I'm pretty pleased with the result--still need shoulder pads and then I'm going to take it to the cleaner for a good steam/press. I miss my steam generator iron down here, but a condo just doesn't have enough room for ALL of my sewing goodies. I put most things away when the grands come and now I am in the process of finding where I hid the dangerous items. A fun treasure hunt!
My next projects are a couple of pairs of European pants made from some lovely fabric purchased at a local fabric shop in Orange, CA. Nice store, lovely fabrics and personnel. I need to get over there more often when we are in the area.