Friday, June 10, 2011

One of Those Weeks...

I have been working on a Loes Hinse French Country Dress all week.  My latest step was to rip out half of the sewing as I finally got my head around the pieces and the directions!  Ugh!  I hate it when the only excuse I have is operator error!  Hopefully, there could be a photo in the next day or two. 

DH and I went out to lunch today and I wore a pair of Oxford zip pants and a twinset from the Perfect Tee pattern.  I made the short sleeve version and then a cardigan from the long sleeve tee.  I added 3/8 inch to the front edge and did NOT place the front on the fold when cutting it out.  I rounded the top of the center front openings and just serged and stitched the entire neck/front edge.  Easy and very pleased with the outcome.  I cut this out months ago and finished it (both pieces) during my recent flurry of UFO finishing.

These pants seem a bit long, but I'm wearing my comfy CROC sandals, not shoes with any heel.  This is the pair of pants made from the same faux linen as my last Paris jacket.  The sweater set is from some Missoni-like knit I bought from Sharon at Casual Elegance.  This outfit is as comfortable as pajama pants and a tee shirt, but I think it presents to the public in a more positive way!

Back to picking apart the FC Dress. 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very nice looking outfit. The knit for the twinset is so pretty.

Summerset said...

I agree, this is so much better than sweats or lounge wear. Looks like you really have pulled off comfortable, yet chic and respectable.