Project Number One--Trudi Jansen pattern #301--Boiled Wool Jacket
I am making this from fulled wool I bought from Fabric Mart--sort of a sage green. I love the pattern and the fabric, just not the fit. I used pattern measurements and cut a size 12. It is huge. I am trying to scale it down, but may just finish it and donate the jacket. We'll see. I put it aside for a little while to let it kind of settle down!
Project Number Two--Skirt from Simplicity 2605 View F
This is a very simple straight skirt with a yoke waist finish. I'm making it from some lime green linen to match a muslin jacket I made last fall of a Loes Hinse seminar pattern. I like the jacket and thought a spring suit might be nice to have in the rotation. Pattern is cut, marked and edges serged. I washed the skirt fabric and it really raveled in spite of serging the ends. I will need to dry clean the suit! Should finish this one this afternoon.
Project Number Three--Summer dress for DGD from Simplicity 2677
I tried to copy and paste the image from the Simplicity site, but I guess I can't do that.
I'm making this from some coordinating quilting cottons. Think I'll make dress view A and shorts view F for modesty on the playground. Pattern and fabric waiting on the cutting table.
Between some family issues and ongoing sciatica, I think my life and my sewing are a little disorganized these days. But, I keep coming back to the sewing room for my escape. Good place to have ;-)