Thursday, March 10, 2011

3 Projects in Progress, None Finished!

Project Number One--Trudi Jansen pattern #301--Boiled Wool Jacket

  I am making this from fulled wool I bought from Fabric Mart--sort of a sage green.  I love the pattern and the fabric, just not the fit.  I used pattern measurements and cut a size 12.  It is huge.  I am trying to scale it down, but may just finish it and donate the jacket.  We'll see.  I put it aside for a little while to let it kind of settle down!

Project Number Two--Skirt from Simplicity 2605 View F

This is a very simple straight skirt with a yoke waist finish.  I'm making it from some lime green linen to match a muslin jacket I made last fall of a Loes Hinse seminar pattern.  I like the jacket and thought a spring suit might be nice to have in the rotation.  Pattern is cut, marked and edges serged.  I washed the skirt fabric and it really raveled in spite of serging the ends.  I will need to dry clean the suit!  Should finish this one this afternoon.

Project Number Three--Summer dress for DGD from Simplicity 2677
I tried to copy and paste the image from the Simplicity site, but I guess I can't do that. 
I'm making this from some coordinating quilting cottons.  Think I'll make dress view A and shorts view F for modesty on the playground.  Pattern and fabric waiting on the cutting table.

Between some family issues and ongoing sciatica, I think my life and my sewing are a little disorganized these days.  But, I keep coming back to the sewing room for my escape.  Good place to have ;-)

No comments: