Sunday, April 25, 2010

Loes Hinse Cruise Pants




This is my first go at this pattern, but it fits very similar to the view B European pants I just made. This is a wearable muslin--used some stash fabric. I like them and will wear them. The fabric is wool or a wool blend, so not the wisest choice for spring and summer here in the desert! I do like the inseam pocket and am pleased with the look. It does not "pooch" out at the hipline. I followed the pattern directions and did the topstitching on the side seam. I often skip this step when making European or Oxford pants, but thought I'd make my first pair just as directed. I like the detail on this fabric. On a more drapey fabric I would not do the side seam stitching.
I'll do the pattern piece comparison later--too much on my plate today!




1 comment:

Lori said...

Your pants look great.