Saturday, April 3, 2010

Burda Chanel-Type Jacket


Not finished! But the jacket is basically put together and the lining is too. Now I need to put them together! I do have it together enough to fit it on the form I made in October. Seems to be OK fit wise. DH asked why it has taken me so long to make this jacket, and I didn't have a great response other than it's a Burda Style pattern--had to trace and decipher the instructions without any illustrations. I've not made this exact kind of jacket before so I'm a little less confident than when I remake one or make something similar to previous garments. Learning new things is good for the brain, eh?


A work in progress: the fabric is a wool/rayon blend from Melody at Fashionista Fabrics. I have ribbon and braid to put around the sleeves and down the front edges. That will be the finishing touch done by hand so it can be removed if my taste changes...

No comments: