Better news! Here is a first try of a dress for DGD from the Patrones Ninos magazine I bought in Barcelona in May. I traced a size 7--that means eye balling between the lines for a 6 and an 8--and used a cotton/lycra knit I bought from Sara's fabric coop this spring. VERY nice fabric and I think the dress will be cute for my DGD. It does look different from the original since this is a floral print and the Benneton knock off is the traditional stripe. I may try a stripe later. I used the tutorial Dawn (http://twoontwooff.blogspot.com/) posted on sewing the placket opening. I ended up recreating the facing piece and discarding the pieces from Patrones. In the end, I was pleased. I also used my embroidery machine to do the buttonholes cuz my Bernina was just not playing nice to do buttonholes yesterday! Thank goodness for the kind sharing of tutorials on the internet! My Vogue sewing book does not even address the issue. We are at our condo and most of my sewing library is at home, so the Vogue book did not prove to be sufficient!!! I need to bring my RD book here.