Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jalie Jeans Round One

Well, I should have read the reviews on PR--I thought there was enough give in this fabric to make my size as indicated by my measurements on the pattern. LOL Even when I used to lie down on my bed to zip my jeans, they weren't this tight!!! So--first try is a dud. Here's a photo of how far I got--and you can see that I let the seams out as far as they would go--then they just looked like sausage casings on my legs. Drat--I liked this fabric. It was not expensive, just a different color for me :>) So, I am now making them from a stretch denim I got at Modern Fabrics in Long Beach. I can already tell the results will be better! Traced a larger size, much more stretch in the fabric, and I added 1 inch seam allowances to the side seams just in case. Will
post more when that version is finished :>)

No comments: