Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finally Photos!

Finally--here are the photos of the latest projects--one not quite finished.

Sandra Betzina Vogue pattern for turquise top with bolero collar. I made a size C using some relatively stretchy fabric from the stash. I made the size according to measurements, but then read reviews on PR and found that the top runs small. Hmmm. I went back and serged the seams with a 3/8 inch SA instead of the 5/8 I'd originally done. The added inch made a big difference and I now like the fit.

Not made to go with, but they do mix and match OK, are some LH Europeans made from a stretch woven I got from Anne at NeedleNook. I like them--a bit more causal than most pants I've made lately and that is OK!!!

Next, a jacket made from a linen/rayon blend purchased at JA. It's a McCall's pattern 5477. I made a 14 based on measurements, and it is too big through the shoulders and chest--not the bust, but the upper chest. So, I will finish it (need to tack down lining and hem the sleeves. I'm using a snap for closure and sewing a button on for looks) and probably wear it. Not as excited about the finished product as I was the prospect of the jacket. Oh well.
Finally, matching "cheese" shirts for Grandma and Grandpa. We are going to visit our 9 YO grandson and wanted to greet him wearing copies of the famous cheese shirts!
No sewing for a while as we'll be out of town.

No comments: