Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Block? Fear?

I am currently trying to get through my sewing reluctance, loss of mojo, fear of failure, whatever! I have traced patterns and cut out the fabric...then moved on to another project so I don't have to go through the disappointment of a garment that doesn't fit, I don't like, isn't what I had imagined, etc. Ugh.



We are at our beach condo for the rest of the summer. I have duplicate machines here, so it isn't as if I don't have the equipment I need to get the sewing done. Currently cut out but not sewn:



NE pants--black stretch twill



white blouse--Mc Calls



olive jeans--Ottobre women



I am really interested in getting these items made--hopeful that they may be a potential TNT pattern.



For a long time--maybe 5-7 years--I told DH that my hobby was not sewing, rather it was collecting fabric and patterns. He was OK with that--I'm not a wasteful person and this little obsession was not putting us in debt. Then I started sewing again. Grand kids, me, even DH. I went to a Pati Palmer workshop in Portland for a week--learned a lot and made 2 pairs of pants. My job became very demanding, no time to sew, etc. My mom had been my example and I loved to share sewing magazines and ideas with her. Unfortunately, Mom lost a tough battle with congestive heart failure in the fall of 2006. I lost my beloved Mom and my only sewing buddy. Then retirement! I had time to sew and to take better care of myself. To my surprise, I was finally able to lose weight and now I am not certain what will fit and what won't. Gotta jump in and try!



Hopefully, my next entry will have photos of one of the above garments in its final form!



Happy sewing to everyone!

No comments: