Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ottobre Christmas Sewing

I made three dresses, two tops, and a pair of leggings for my younger DGD for Christmas.  Due to some lost days just before Christmas, I finished the sewing yesterday!  I am finally feeling pretty good and enjoyed some time in the sewing studio.  First is a dress, top, and leggings from Ottobre design magazine.  All items are from stash--some well aged, some more recent!  I wanted her to model at least one outfit so I could be sure of the sizing and fit.  This is a size 140 but shortened about 6 inches.  A turtle neck top also made to match the leggings.  Her dad did not put out the top, so of course she only put on what she was given!

 The next two dresses are from Ottobre as well--Issue 5/2006. All items made are size 140 with a few alterations for length.  I made the dresses but purchased the leggings.  She will need to wear the black top with either of the dresses.  Fun projects--both are fully lined and should be comfortable for her to wear.  The turtle neck is from the same Ottobre issue as the dress above--of course I can't find it!  The top has a split collar turtle neck in the magazine, but for this one I just made a regular fold over collar.  I think she will get a lot of wear from the pieces. 

I made myself a long sleeved perfect tee--Loes Hinse--from the remaining black fabric. Easy sewing and a great addition to the wardrobe.  I think this is some JCrew fabric purchased from a coop.  Love the look and feel!  Now on to some more sewing for me--a couple of Style Arc projects are waiting in the wings!




3 comments:

gwensews said...

You've been a busy grandma! Nice garments and I'm sure the little one loves wearing something that you made for her.

Teddylyn said...

Thanks! I have to sew for her while she still loves Grandma's creations. The window is beginning to close on that time...

Teddylyn said...

Thanks! I have to sew for her while she still loves Grandma's creations. The window is beginning to close on that time...