Friday, January 20, 2012

Projects in progress nancy Erickson 1945C jacket ***ETA photo

I am slowly working on my Nancy Erickson jacket. I made a couple years ago, but they are too big and I am trying a new size. This is a size 10 with 5/8 inch seam allowances except the side seams which I made one inch. Fit is OK--with some feedback from a friend, I did trim 1/2inch from the shoulder seam before setting in the sleeves. The lining is sewn together and my next step will be to join the lining to the shell. Fabric is a suiting of unknown content that has been aging in the stash for years. I also cutout the sewing lesson pants from Burda 1/2012 from this fabric. I do not plan to wear them together!

Here is my jacket in progress:

Hmmm...guess I don't know how to add photo from iPad. I'll edit later! (done!)

I'm still subbing but gave Feb 3 As my last day! Great school and staff--I just want to be retired again! I'm hoping that he district will finally fly the position and hire a full time assistant principal. Economic times are tough but one can hope!

ETA:  photo

No comments: