Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can Can Skirt for DGD

I was reading a blog (My Sewing Space) and saw a darling skirt the blogger had made for her daughter.  I had some fabric I knew my DGD would love and decided I would order the pattern she had used.  It is the Can Can skirt at this blog http://tinyurl.com/yd2k6gh Very easy and fun to make.  I made the size 8 just as the directions indicated.  However, this is a neat pattern/directions because Dana gives you the ratio to make the skirt for anyone--small child through adult.  I did not use as many or as full ruffles as the pattern creator did.  I wanted the print to show through, but I think the idea is still the same.  I think my DGD will love this one!

I saved it as a rotated photo--but when it imports to the blog it is sideways...sometimes I wonder what gremlins reside in my computer!  Anyway, if you turn your head sideways, you can see the skirt and get the general idea!

No comments: