Monday, March 8, 2010

Biarritz Jackets from Loes Hinse's Pattern











Mostly photos this time--the white boucle is the most recently finished, although I made it in October it took me forever to choose buttons and put in the buttonholes. These jackets are all from the same basic pattern (Biarritz size sm) but have been changed in various ways. Some from the "tweaks" that Loes sells through Sharon's business, Casual Elegance Fabrics, and some from tweaks that Loes provides for seminar attendees. It is great to be able to make a jacket tht fits and add different finishes to make it seem like a totally new garment without the frustrations of fitting, etc. I should have rotated the images, but I guess it's too late now! I love the simple black and white wool version--goes great with jeans and dress pants. Also the multi colored knit one--more like a sweater that I wear OFTEN. The fitst photo, far right jacket is a grey knit that Sharon sold and that Loes used for jackets in her boutique. I was on the fence about making it and didn't buy fabric at the seminar. Luckily, I changed my mind in time and love this one too. This jacket just fits my lifestyle.








8 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

I really love all the versions of your jackets. It's a great idea to change up the details as you've done....they look like all different jackets.

Ann Made Studio said...

...I should have said...they look like different patterns :)

Shannon said...

What a great bunch of jackets - each more wearable than the next!

Gail said...

When you are on to a good thing...
Now I feel less ashamed on repeating the same patterns in recent posts.

Bobbie said...

Thanks so much for showing us your jackets....they are great! You have inspired me to make the Biararitz today!!! (I was on the fence and you pushed me over!)

Hellenne said...

These are gorgeous! I love the top three and they all look so different from each other. Plus they look expensive. Like that part.

Audrey said...

I love seeing different versions of the same pattern. All your jackets are lovely. It was interesting to see all the different types of fabric you used. I really like the way you used the fringed selvedge (I think) on the grey jacket.

gwensews said...

You have a terrific TNT pattern there. That's great advertising for Loes!