Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Burda Jacket 07/08 #112 and Pants--Finally Finished!


Here is the jacket--finally finished! This is Burda WOF 7/2008 style 112. I made the jacket in a size 40 but had to take in most of the vertical seams to more like a 38. The collar gave me fits--I know the directions in the magazine are not correct. I put the whole project away for a couple of weeks until I could really face looking closely at the directions. There is NO collar stand in my version even though the piece was there to use and the directions say to use it. Mine now looks like the photos in the magazine and the result is fine with me! I did notice that I only rolled up one sleeve prior to the photo shoot--but heck, it took forever to get my photo so just imagine both sleeves the same length!

The pants are from an old Burda Petites issue E713. I don't really know what those letters stand for, but it is from a magazine thatBurda used to publish with petite sizes only. These pants are a size 19 flared out to a 20 for the waist. I ended up taking the waist in a bit, so maybe a 19 with smaller seam allowances would work OK!

Both of these pieces are from the same woven fabric as the skirt in the previous post--all can go together for a travel wardrobe. Everything is wash and wear--my original goal! These were supposed to be wearable muslins, but I think they are just the wearable garments!

Overall, I am pleased with the results.

No comments: