Thursday, August 22, 2013

Works in Progress...Vogue 7975

Photos are of the shell and lining of a jacket I recently constructed (or at least got much of it constructed) during a 5 day workshop with Susan Khalje.  Amazing lady!  The muslin to jacket process takes days, but the fit and learning curve are worth it!  I WILL finish this jacket in the next week or two and will post photos of the final garment.  I need to make a quick (?) trip to Mood LA to see if I can find the right trim. 

I was amazed at the amount of fabric Susan took out of the front side panel of the jacket above the bust curve...about 1.5 inches at the widest part near the shoulder seam.  Yikes.  What a difference it makes!

So, just to prove that the summer wasn't a total waste sewing wise, here is the proof of my work in progress.  Fabric from my stash--unknown origin, but it is a lovely wool/silk blend and the colors are great for my coloring and my other wardrobe pieces!  These are phone photos, but the jacket and lining are visible! 



No comments: