Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sewing Workshop Liberty Shirt

This is my first attempt at making the Liberty. Not sure this pattern is for me. I had a great time sewing it--love the detailed directions and the fact that it is completely finished when the sleeves go in. The pattern is very well drafted and quite unique. I made a small which fits OK. The shoulders are not good, causing strange wrinkles. This is not a common problem for me, so I'm not sure it is worth a lot of pattern alterations for this one garment. I signed up for a Crafty class using this pattern but have yet to watch it. Maybe solutions are suggested in the class? I'll see! Ignore the mess in sewing studio--still at work ;-).

3 comments:

gwensews said...

Maybe you'll find an easy fix for that shoulder problem. It looks good in the photo, though.

Terri K said...

Lyn, It's been a while since I made my first Liberty jacket and I thought the sleeve was wonky. It's the sleeve draft so for the subsequent ones I made, I used the sleeve from Louise Cutting's Pure & Simple Coat pattern. I don't think I changed the armhole at all. Fixed the problem.

You may like the proportions better if you wear it over a sheath dress or a more tapered pant.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Teddy, I see that you've set up your sewing room - okay I'm looking past your lovely top - hope it's working out for you!