I finally finished a little project for DGD for Christmas! It wasn't difficult, just confusing at several points. It is fullly lined so I hand picked the lining at the zipper and did a few little hand stitched touches. I bought the main fabric years ago--maybe for older DGD when she was small! I bought the bottom piece at Hancocks a couple of days ago with this project in mind. Both are cord--top not waled and bottom piece very fine wale.
As usual, the pattern is very well drafted and the pieces went together flawlessly. I had to pick out the invisible zipper because of pilot error--stitched too close to the coil and it wouldn't zip! Easy fix and now it is ready for the gift box. I'm also putting in red leggings and a red turtleneck top I bought at Target. It is cute and could be dressy, but I am hoping she will wear it to school and get some use from it!
All of the seams are top stitched, but since it is black on black, I did not think it would be useful to add more photos.