Sunday, August 7, 2011

Finished ABO and Skirt from Ottobre Design 4/2011

Just some odds and ends to post....I went back to LV for a few days to celebrate youngest DGS's 5th birthday.  How fun!  I prewashed a pile of fabrics from my quick trip to the Los Angeles fabric district, cut out a few things, and hope to do some sewing now that I'm in cool weather territory again.  But, I did finish the hems, button holes, and buttons on the ABO muslin jacket.  Ready to cut the jacket for the ASG class I'm taking with Louise Cutting.

Second, I made a cute little skirt from the most recent Ottobre for kids.  It is design 31, the frilly skirt with a slight modification.  I cut the ruffles 2 inches wide--my error, but I think it still turned out cute.  The fabric is a cotton batiste I bought locally at Fabric Land.  It has the softest hand--really nice fabric.  I also made a long sleeved tee shirt from the Ottobre Design pattern 301 and leggings #32 from same current issue of Otto.


No photos of the tee and leggings--I'm trying to figure out an embellishment for the tee shirt so that the combo doesn't look like PJs with a skirt over top...I'll share those pieces when I've got a solution ;-)

No comments: