Saturday, October 11, 2008

T shirts/Loes Hinse/Muslins



I've done a little sewing! I made 2 muslin t shirts from Loes Hinse patterns. I'm going to a seminar at the end of October and want to be sure I have an idea of the right size pattern to use. So, I made a boatneck t shirt from a simple white cotton lycra knit. I bought the fabric in the garment district in LA last summer. I don't know the name of the shop, but it has nice weight and I'm pleased with the fabric. I made the small and it fits well right out of the envelope. I'll try to get a photo.




I also made the LH perfect t from some white rib knit fabric that has been in the stash for a while. It is almost a double knit--I'm sure it is mostly poly. I chose to make the short sleeve version and also traced the shirt in a size small. Again, it fits and I will get a photo when I find some lace to use at the hem as on the pattern envelope.



Here it is without the lace yet...hopefully I'll find some when I make a run to JoAnn's later this afternoon!

It feels good to get back into the sewing room! I traced several other LH patterns this past week in anticipation of going to the seminar up in Carmel. We will take a circuitous route, however, visiting our older son and his family first. Let's see what I can do about photos...

No comments: